• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't use photoshop because I cannot see the drop down menus.

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason I cannot read the drop down menus in Elements 14.

The background color is white and the text is light green.

This does not happen in any other program.

Is there a way to change this so I can actually use the software?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

em.pngClick the Expert Mode tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thx Bob, but that doesnt seem to do anything new. Am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We apologize for the issue you are facing with the menus in Photoshop Elements 14.

Since you are not facing this issue with any other application, please try to reset the preferences for Photoshop Elements using the steps mentioned in the link below. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop-elements/kb/preference-file-locations-photoshop-elements.html#R...

Please let us know if that helps.

Regards, 

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Nikunj,

Thanks for the info.  Unfortunately that doesnt work either.  Tried both.  It has something to do with my Windows settings.  Adobe seems to only come up on one 'scheme'?  I work at night and I use high contrast settings in windows, so my screen is always black and the settings are for a dark room.  When I use Adobe Photoshop its bright white and the menu is half Adobe setting nd hlf Windows settings.  So I have found that I have to go turn off high contrast or change the theme or something in Windows prior to using Adobe.  The Adobe windows and menu are in black letters with grey and a white background which i terribly blindnng in the night.  When I change my Windows to high contrast or my 'dark' theme I think the reason I cannot see the menu is that the text and the background are both white the unavailble options are light blue and to hover the cursor they turn light green.  the green and blue are the settings for the dark theme however, the white on white is not.  White isnt used in my settings at all.  Either way if I set Windows dark or use a theme or make it white or use it in grayscale, Photoshop is always too bright with its setting to use.  Everytime I need Photoshop I have to go into Windows and reset the way Windows appears so that the menu options will show up in Photoshop.  This helps because at least I can see them, but it still means with the bright Adobe screen, I cannot work for long before I just cannot use it anymore.  I think I need a way to change the the way Photoshop presents itself.  If there was a way to use my Windows settings in Photoshop that would be great, if there was a way to change Photoshop so that its not always in gray black text and white background for the menus that would be great too.  I have not yet found a way to do this without reverting to standard Windows settings to get the menus to appear and then they are too bright.  Playing with the brightness is not going to solve the problem, I just need darker colors displayed.  Dark menu background with light text not light menu background with dark text.  (Note: This is just for MENU backgrounds and all the options within them.  The main workspace as white is not the problem.)  I may just be having problems finding how to set this in Photoshop, the way you do in Windows.  Everytime I look on the web or search I end up being directed towards changing things in the workspace field, not in the actual software setting.  I hope this makes sense and I do appreciate any help you can give me. 

THX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of windows are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jeff,

I am using

Windows 10 Home Ver 1903 Build 10.0.18362.418 64-bit

Adobe Photoshop Elements Ver 14.1 (20151206.m.83730) x64

Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines