• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I downloaded the HEIC extension and the instructions say to clean media cache, but I don't know how

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Elements 2020, I am trying to upload HEIC photos from my iPhone.   The instructions said to download an extension, which I did, and then clean media cache with Elements closed.  I don't know how/where to do this.  HELP!

[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete all of the files and folders that are contained within the Common folder which may be found at:

C:\Users\[Your Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have an AppData file under c:\users\[myname].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it and deleted the folders.  Hope it works.  Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, found this answer in the forum, and cleaned my media cache. It fixed my HEIC problem, but now my PSE 22 opens and runs extremely slow. Very very slow. Can I reverse the process of cleaning the cache or is there another fix for my new problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, found this answer in the forum, and cleaned my media cache. It fixed my HEIC problem, but now my PSE 22 opens and runs extremely slow. Very very slow. Can I reverse the process of cleaning the cache or is there another fix for my new problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@amyv51121071, now that the Organizer recognizes your .heic files, it is probably passing them through media analysis (face recognition, smart tagging and auto-creations).  This analysis can take a long time, depending on your computer specs and the size of your catalog, and it can slow down the performance of Elements.  To confirm if this is the case, go to Edit>Preferences>Media Analysis and uncheck all of the boxes.  Does this make a difference to the performance (after a reboot)?  If yes,  and you want to use the media analysis, you should check the relevant boxes and leave your computer running overnight (or over several/many nights depending on the size of your catalog).

If Media Analysis is not making any difference in your slowdown, what are your computer specs, how many photo and video files do you have in your catalog, and where exactly are you seeing the slowdown in Elements?

ADDED: One other thing for you to try is to Optimize the catalog, using the File>Manage Catalogs dialog.  This may help with drawing the .heic file thumbnails, although it can also take a while to complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines