• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a new computer, how do I transfer my elements 14 program and pictures?

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2016 Aug 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I able to install my elements 14 onto a new computer?  Then, how do I get my picture files/catalog transferred?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

richellef77431863 wrote:

Am I able to install my elements 14 onto a new computer?

Follow the instructions and download from here:

Download Photoshop Elements | 14, 13, 12, 11, 10

Then, how do I get my picture files/catalog transferred?

See here:

Move Elements Organizer catalog using backup and restore

If you will not be using the old computer, Help >Sign out from the editor menu to deactivate after you are finished transferring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

richellef77431863 wrote:

Am I able to install my elements 14 onto a new computer? Then, how do I get my picture files/catalog transferred?

Thanks.

The PSE license is for 2 installations. When you are all done, suggest that you deactivate PSE on the old machine.

The picture files are on the hard drive wherever you put them. They need to be transferred along with other files.

This tech note provides details for the Organizer.

Move Elements Organizer catalog using backup and restore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem but managed to download 14 to my new laptop. It worked fine for a week but now, after leaving it a few days, I can only access the organiser. It will not load the editor for me to process any pictures. Is this part of the same thing? Will I have to delete it off my old laptop in order to be able to use the editing facility?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will I have to delete it off my old laptop in order to be able to use the editing facility?

Suggest that you reset preferences to default, as that fixes many things.

To do that, go to Edit>Preferences>General and look for this:

Preferences_2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No help here! I get a screen message that says I have a damaged applications manager program and need to download a new one . When I follow the prompts I am downloading a Cloud App??? Totally Lost!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you got through Adobe's maze. Most links lead to Cloud and not wanting cloud is difficult to work out.  I don't want cloud either but have wasted many hours going around in circles trying to avoid cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should have an Adobe account that you have registered your products with. Log into your account and in your profile section, open the link for Order History. Your apps should be listed there with the order numbers. Click the order number for your Elements app.

When the order history opens, there should be link for Downloads and Serial Numbers.

There you will get a list of the serial numbers for your app and the link to download it again.

Remember, it can be installed on only 2 computers. So, if you are not using the old laptop any more, you need to sign out of that copy of the app and should uninstall it from that computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines