• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I just purchased Photoshop Elements 2020 but it doesn't seem to run on my iMac - macOS 10.15.4

New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my computer info:

Model Name: iMac running MOS Catalina 10.15.4

Model Identifier: iMac16,2

Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 3.1 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 4 MB

Graphics - Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536 MB

Memory: 8 GB

This iMac meets the requirements Adobe lists for running this software and yet it doesn't want to run on my Imac. Everything I do from opening the app, to trying to learn the application, or using the organizer for my photos, seems to cause it to crash, hang, or just completely shut down. I purchased this thinking it would make things easier, but itstead it is just impossible to use. Any suggestions?

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Photoshop Elements 2020. 

Please go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab. Once there, select Accessibility from the list on the left. Use the lock on the bottom left to unlock the window and add Photoshop Elements 2020 to the list. Once done, restart the computer and check if that helps.

You can also try re-installing the application to check if that helps.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the lock to unlock (you may be prompted for your Apple system login password)

Click the plus button. Then navigate to each app e.g for the Editor app go to:

Macintosh HD >> Applications >> Adobe Photoshop Elements 19 >> Support Files

Choose Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor from inside the Support Files folder.

ControlList.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you .   .  . I did follow through on this but only to discover the apps were already selected. This morning however, things seem to be working a bit better. I think the size of my photo library is the culprit. I need to figure out how to use orginazer without opening 20K photos. I also need to figure out everything I can do with this . . should be fun! Thank you for the help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines