Highlighted

I'm trying to backup my catalog in Elements Organizer 2020 and it crashes

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to backup my catalog in Elements Organizer 2020 and it gets to prepare for backup and then crashes, the size of file approx 880GB. 

Any ideas

Thanks

[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I'm trying to backup my catalog in Elements Organizer 2020 and it crashes

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to backup my catalog in Elements Organizer 2020 and it gets to prepare for backup and then crashes, the size of file approx 880GB. 

Any ideas

Thanks

[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 07, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Photoshop Elements 2020 crashes when you try to take a backup. Do you have any USB hubs connected?
Or any external disk drives connected to your system? If so, try disconnecting those drives, reboot, then see if the Elements Organizer will allow you to create a new album.

Also, does this happen with all catalogs? Or if you created a new catalog do you see the same crashes when creating a new album or backing up?

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I am having the same problem as the above user.  Brand new laptop, just purchased Elements.  My Catolog is cover about 600GBs of pictures.  When I try to back up to my external Hard Drive, it gets all the way to "please wait while Elements Orgnaizes prepares for backup..."  The App takes a few minutes and then becomes unresponsive and crashes.  I have tried pointing back up to an external hard drive (my preference) and the laptops own hard drive.  I have tried shutting down and restarting.

Any guidance for a fix?  If I can't back up to an external drive, also seems to defeat the issue of creating a backup.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2020 0
Greg_S. LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try repairing and optimizing the catalog in File>Manage Catalogs.  Also, make sure that you have no missing files in the catalog by using the Find>All Missing Files command.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2020 0