• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need to install my PSE9 on my new MacBook

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am still using Photoshop Elements 9 on my Windows PC and it does what I want without a need to upgrade.  Now I just bought a MacBook Air M1 and I want to use PSE9 on it.  I do have both original CDs (Win and Mc OS) but I don't have a CD reader on the Mac.  I opened the Mac OS disk on my Win PC and copied the files to a Samsung T5 external SSD, then opened those files on my Macbook, but the installer is 'defective', so unusable.  Apparently this procedure doesn't work, like I feared.  Is there a way or should I simply buy an external DVD/CD reader for the Macbook OR buy PSE2021...?  

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops... perhaps I should have posted this in a different category... 'Download & install' maybe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Throw those cd's away- they are worthless.  Delete that copy of the cd yout put on the ssd- it's unuseable on a mac with the latest OS

Your only option is to buy the latest version.   Even if you bought an external dvd player, The software won't work on your mac. 

There simply are no work arounds, or "hacks"- you need to puruchase the latest version becouase of your OS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since pse9 wil not and will never work on macOS later than Catalina (so also not on big sur) the only option you have is to upgrade to the most recent version. And this version will be obsolete in a few months when the next version is launched. There is no support or updates for a version after the new version is launched, So that makes a maximum support of approximately one year.

If it's only the editor you need, you can also check out affinity. looks very good and now currently with a very nice discount. And with longer support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

should I simply buy an external DVD/CD reader for the Macbook OR buy PSE2021...?  

By @Benny5E3F

Buy PSE 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines