• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I really need some help! Computer shop lost my Photoshop Elements!

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I finally bit the bullet and got windows 10. So here's the deal. A little over a year ago I had the top computer shop in my area to upgrade my desktop.....$500.00 worth! (It is a custom build I had done years ago)....great desktop! So with the news of windows 7 not supporting anything, I took my pc back to the same company and asked them  to install windows 10. Done....but it kept crashing...took it back and they finally figured out how to fix it...It works great, but....They did not keep all my original downloads such as all my photo editing programs . I searched all over on my pc...found the plug-ins (lots of Topaz) but could not find photoshop elements which I have upgraded over the years and have been extremly happy with. Called the computer repair shop and he told me I had to download Photoshop Elements!. I have paid for this and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do a download without paying full price again. I used my original serial number and they tell me it is unable to find that number. I have been on the internet for hours and cannot find a solution! I found my original cd and downloaded that but that is Photoshop Elements 8...minus all the upgrades and my plug-ins and it won't let me upgrade. I am at my wits end! Can anyone help me make sense of this? I am technically challenged, but not stupid.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try contacting Topaz support.  They may be able to help you with their plugins.

https://www.topazsystems.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I am at my wits end! Can anyone help me make sense of this? ... "

If you have Photoshop Elements 8 and its serial number then you own it.  You can still install it on a computer and use it so long as version 8's system requirements  are met.  But all versions of Photoshop Elements that followed 8 (9 thru 20) have unique serial numbers pinned to them.  Your version 8 serial number will not work with any of them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do know about the different serial numbers. When I first get on my Adobe account it shows all the different upgrades with different numbers, yet when I look for past orders nothing at all shows up. I tried every number and they all come back as invalid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm following you now ... Order History will only show apps purchased directly from Adobe.  Were your purchases made directly at Adobe?  In my case, Photoshop Elements 2019 doesn't show here either because I purhased it at Amazon.  After purchasing, I registered it at Adobe so it does show in the My Products section, serial number and all (yours do to). 

Unfortunately, you can only download versions previous to PSE 2019 that show in Order History, purchased directly from Adobe which is one of the reasons I always purchase software on DVD. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get what you are saying, but you are saying my photoshop is gone forever? In my files I see a lot of the plug ins I had purchased but nothing can be opened. I wish I could make the computer store pay for my Photoshop! I just went through an extreme rare flood so expenses are very high right now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found my receipt for Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 Plus dated 11/1/2010. Order #AD003484375. Purchased at The Adobe Store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I can gather, except for version 8, your other installers no longer exist unless you have backup copies.  These things always happen at the worst times, Pam and I feel bad for you.  $69.99 is a small fortune when you don't have it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Phinny, thank you for all your help. I am just so angry with this computer shop right now I could scream! For sure they won't do anything more to help me. I guess I'll just have to move on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines