• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I suddenly cannot launch Photoshop or Premiere Elements 14

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 10. My programs worked fine before and suddenly I cannot open either program. I get the launch window but once I click on photo editor it starts flashing like strobe.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That isn't a usual experience with Photoshop Elements14 as it's not launching.

Would you mind checking out the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/elements-organizer/kb/Elements-applications-do-not-launch-on-Windows-10.html and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll check it out. Adobe says it is ecause 14 is an older vesion and not compatible with windows 10. I downloaded  the free version of PSE 2020 and so far it opend up fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

According to the link you gave me it is when you update your computer to Windows 10. My computer already had Windows 10 and I installed Photoshop and Premierre. It worked fine then when I tried to open it one time it just started flashing. It did it while trying to open photo editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . . .  The link provided by Akash relates to Elements 2018 (Version 16).  Since you are working with version 14, you need to change the references in folder locations from 16.0 to 14.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobeuserinpoverty said:

. Adobe says it is ecause 14 is an older vesion and not compatible with windows 10.

This is nonsense!!  It really ticks me off that Adobe support continues to give out misinformation as part of a sales pitch.

Judging by your screen name, buying a new version of Elements is not a priority for you.  If that is the case, there is no good reason why you can't continue to use Elements 14 on your Windows 10 machine.  It works just fine on mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines