I've recently installed El Capitan, and now Photoshop Elements 11 Editor cashed when I try save my files

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently tried the beta version of El Capitan on my MacBook Pro 13 mid 2012. I keep it up to date, installing all updates when available. Since I've being using the latest OS X, Adobe photoshop elements 11 Editor crashes when i try to save my file. All other aspects of the app appear to work perfectly, however the app becomes unresponsive when i click save as in the file menu. No options will work, and i cannot cancel the action. My only option is to force quit the app.

I bought this version of photoshop from the mac app store, and there are no updates available.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem! All of my CS 6 app won't work. Finally resolved the issue by loading the Java SS 6 pack.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind providing a direct link to what you're referring to? I see a Java SE 6, or the latest Java JRE which seems to be at 8.x.  I don't even see an SS? What exactly did you install? And was it the crashing on file save that you were having issues with?

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem, Adobe - please please answer and provide a fix for this problem

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That topic is about a MacOS 10.11 bug that cause the OS save dialog to not finish/exit on Elements 11 bought from the app store only.

It does not involve crashes, and appears unrelated to this topic.

Adobe is working with Apple to determine what went wrong with the MacOS 10.11 code to cause the OS Save dialog issue.

Also, if you are crashing, please post a crash report (the long, detailed text that shows the crash details).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris Cox a écrit:

That topic is about a MacOS 10.11 bug that cause the OS save dialog to not finish/exit on Elements 11 bought from the app store only.

It does not involve crashes, and appears unrelated to this topic.

Adobe is working with Apple to determine what went wrong with the MacOS 10.11 code to cause the OS Save dialog issue.

Also, if you are crashing, please post a crash report (the long, detailed text that shows the crash details).

Chris,

I mentioned the discussion in the feedback forum about the inability to save in the Apple store version of V11 with El Capitan. That is one of the questions asked in the present Elements discussion.

"When I try to save my file it does not respond."

Yes, there are different issues with Elements 11 and El Capitan, and I am glad I am not a Mac user .

That said, I admire your patience...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this? We are a business that uses Elements frequently. I saw that there was staff that are providing support on a customer by customer basis and was wondering if we could be included?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having exactly the same issue with Adobe photoshop Elements. Haven't used it since upgrading to El Capitain. Used it today for the first time and after I spent an hour or so editing a file went to save it as a jpeg and the save and cancel buttons were unresponsive. Had to force quit then tried several times but encountered the same problem. Is this something that is being worked on with Apple? If so how long before a fix is going to come out?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with PE 11 on El Capitan.  I re-insalled my old PE 9 and it works.  I was able to design and save a file using PE 9 on El Capitan.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your Premiere Elements 11 program?

An operating system update is a pretty big deal, and it sometimes bugs up some program's supporting files. (This usually doesn't happen on Mac OSX, but it can.)

Also, be sure to check you fonts for corruption. In my experience, font file corruption screw up Adobe programs on OSX more than any other issue.

OS X Quicktip: Find and Eliminated Corrupt Fonts - Apple Gazette

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did re-install PE 11.  Did not fix the problem.  Apparently, Adobe is aware of the problem and says they are talking with Apple to resolve the issue.  I have read lots of feeds on different sites expressing the identical problem with Capitan and PE 11.  Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should've been tested out during the 4 month beta period, Adobe. We shouldn't be without a working product now.  Apple has already released 10.11.1 and clearly didn't address whatever "changed".  If Elements 14 works fine, why not just upgrade the few of us customers who have been in a bind now for weeks? I just want to be able to save my photos again without 98% crash rate.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same thing and just posted the same question....very frustrated!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what to tell you or what's going on on your computers . It works fine on El Capitan. It does on mine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good for you Grisetti. Congratulations! But your luck doesn't help us to solve our problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just an update.. if anyone has signed up for the beta program with apple, the latest version of OS X El Capitan v 10.11.2 - the photoshop elements app will not launch at all - ever! i've tried uninstalling, deleting associated files etc but it's made no difference. I gather this is a problem with a different cause and solution to the original, but i thought i'd give you a heads-up.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, PS Elements 10 won't launch at all.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines