Highlighted

I want to reorganize my photos in Elements 15

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i want to reorganize my photos in Elements 15, can I delete them in the Organizer and reinstall them from my computer Pictures File? Or do i reorganize them in Elements? I would like to delete everything in Organizer and start over. I have several thousand photos.

Question moved by moderator for the sake of visibility.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I want to reorganize my photos in Elements 15

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i want to reorganize my photos in Elements 15, can I delete them in the Organizer and reinstall them from my computer Pictures File? Or do i reorganize them in Elements? I would like to delete everything in Organizer and start over. I have several thousand photos.

Question moved by moderator for the sake of visibility.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 08, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bsachef1.   I have moved your post from another thread where it was buried.  The short answer to your question is that you should simply create a new catalog and then import your photos into the new catalog.  Go to File>Manage Catalogs and in the dialog that opens click New.  You will then be given the opportunity to give your new catalog a name and to open it.  This will start your catalog from scratch.  However, when you import your files, you will also be given the opportunity to import any tags that have been applied to your photos.  It is not clear from your post whether you want to do that.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2019 0
bsachef1 LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The large number of photos currently on Photoshop Elements are in a great disarray and most don't have tags or other Photoshop Elements identifiers.  Can I just delete them from Elements without losing the actual photo from my storage drive (Hard drive or portable drive)? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2019 0