• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Identify Untagged Items by Folder in PSE 2021 Windows 10 Desktop

Participant ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PSE 2021 in Windows 10 Desktop environment. I have close to 40,000 Photos and using hundreds of folders; my FOLDER NAMES  are structured to help me identify the photos as to their DATE TAKEN and the PLACE ot Other type of identification.

With All Media, when i use Menu/ Find. Untagged Items, PSE2021 locates 3000+ UNTAGGED ITEMS. It would be lot easier for me to tag these if I could work with one FOLDER at a time.

So, I select a single folder, and then Select Menu/ Find/ Untagged Items, but unfortunately, it gives me the TOTAL number of Untagged photos in my ENTIRE Catalog, and NOT restrict to the Photos in that Folder!

Can you please help me if there is a way for me to IDENTIFY UNTAGGED PHOTOS, FOR ONE FOLDER AT A TIME?

Thank you so much.

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Organizer , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Find>Untagged Items search to find all untagged items, then click on a folder in the Folders panel.  Only the untagged files in that folder will appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Greg. I did it and it worked like a charm. I am fairly good with computers, but never thought about trying this method. My mind was the other way - Pick the folder first, then the Untagged Items from View; just the reverse!

Again, thank yoiu so mcuh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As discussed in a later thread, my answer is wrong.   It looks like there is no way to further refine a Find>Untagged Files search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines