Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Catalog from Lightroom 6 (6.14) to Photoshop Elements 19

New Here ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

As I have organized all my Photos (around 60.000 pics)  already quite detailed in Lightroom 6 (Windows Version) I hoped that I can re-use the same catalog as well for Photoshop Elements and just do an import into the Elements Organzier.

Unfortunately I see only a way to import a Catalog from Elements to Lightroom but not vice versa.

Really appreciate if someone can support here as I don't want to re-do that huge work again in Elements.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings from Germany,

Dirk

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the photos are jpeg, tiff, DNG etc. (non-proprietary raw) you can select all in the LR6 Library and write metadata to files (Ctrl+S). When you import into PSE 2019 your keywords, captions etc. will be flagged up for import. Simply select all and chose to import the metadata.

You could assign a temporary keyword to photos in collections which would make it easier to create albums in Elements Organizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dirk,

There is no specified way of importing a Lightroom catalog into Photoshop Elements as there are compatibility constraints as you can import a Photoshop elements catalog into Lightroom. See How to import photos from Photoshop Elements, other Lightroom Classic CC catalogs, or apps such as i... 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines