• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

import not bringing captions

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have many photos up in Google Photos I want to import into organizer of Photoshop Elements 2019, It does not bring the captions with the pictures. Am, i doing something wrong, missing a setting?

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might the problem be in google photos download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have tried adding a 'description' with Google Photos on a file which I imported.

I suspected that Photos did not use the same exif or IPTC metadata field than Elements. So, I checked with Exiftool GUI what was in the file itself, and I don't see any mention of the 'description' in that file.

Elements only reads the data in the file itself, not what is stored in Photos. Maybe it's the same as the tags which are only kept in Elements catalogs unless you voluntarily 'write metadata to files'?

Edit:

I tested the reverse: importing into Google Photos a file with a caption entered in the organizer does work. The  caption is in the info panel of Photos, but the tags are not imported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines