Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import problems

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Elements 2018 and it has worked fine with my Nikon D850 and raw-files. I've now bought a new camera Nikon Z7 and I can no longer import raw-files. I got following message:

The files are either already imported or are not supported

What to do?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your camera requires ACR version 11.  Elements 2018 is only compatible with ACR version 10.3. 

You can either upgrade to Elements 2020 which has ACR 12 or else convert your NEF files to DNG, using the free Adobe DNG Converter which can change the format in batches.

If you decide to go the upgrade route, you may want to wait a month or two, as, in recent years, Elements comes out with a new version around October.  In the meantime, you can download a 30 day free trial of Elements 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I found this on Adobes website:

Adobe Camera Raw 12.4

Last updated:
August 18, 2020
Developer: Adobe
License: Freeware
File size: 0462 MB
Downloads: 811,765
Can I download this to Elements or is it only for the full version of Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the version you have found is only for the full Photoshop and will not work with Elements which requires its own limited version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines