Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import scan function will Preview but not Scan

New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have PE 17 and HP Officejet pro 8710 for scanner. 

I have set the scanner up in PE Organiser using the "Edit/Preferences/Scanner" function. When I try to use the scanner from the Document Feeder, I am able to Preview the image, but then attempting to scan it results in "A device error has occurred. Please check the connection". Given that PE can give me a preview of the photo I am trying to scan, I imagine there is no problem with the connection.

Any help please, as I have hundreds of old photos to scan and can not possibly make use of the flatbed.

Thanks

TOPICS
Import and export , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please review this tech note as it may relate to your equipment:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/twain-installed-photoshop-elements-11.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have scanned over ten thousand photos using a flatbed and document feeder. I used a photo flatbed scanner because I wanted higher resolution than my printer could handle and because my printer feeder couldn't handle multiple sizes. I have always found EO file handling capabilities poor and in need of upgrades so I always import my scans to a temporary folder on my C: drive and then import them. Once imported to EO I rename files, change dates to the date taken or an approximation etc. After doing all that, I move the file from within EO to a 'permanent', more relevant folder. Yes it's a tedious process but I haven't found a more efficient way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks Bob. The Adobe technical support has actually been really good and have tried a lot of approaches (I even installed on a different laptop !). In the end (this is after 4 separate lengthy support sessions) the chap concluded that PE  does not work with ADFs and will report this back to the development team.

thanks for your response, I think I am going to have to do the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines