Highlighted

Import Tags in Photoshop Elements from Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to import the tags in Photoshop Elements from Lightroom Classic.

The family picktures  ( ca. 35.000 over 70 years) are on the moment in my Lightroom Classic.

My son want to start with Photoshop Elements and like to import my famy pictures and the tags.

Is that possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Import Tags in Photoshop Elements from Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The family picktures  ( ca. 35.000 over 70 years) are on the moment in my Lightroom Classic.

My son want to start with Photoshop Elements and like to import my famy pictures and the tags.

Is that possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 26, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Egbertus1  wrote

Is that possible?

Lightroom can convert Organizer catalogs to its own format, but that does not work the other way round.
So, you'll have to use Lightroom to 'write metadata to files' before importing your files in an organizer catalog:

Metadata basics and actions in Lightroom Classic CC

Save metadata changes to a file manually

To manually save metadata changes to a photo in Lightroom Classic CC, do one of the following:

• Select one or more photos in the Grid view of the Library module and choose Metadata > Save Metadata To File(s), or press Ctrl+S (Windows) or Command+S (Mac OS).
  • Click the Metadata File Needs To Be Updated icon in a thumbnail in the Grid view of the Library module, and then click Save.
  • If you’re working with a DNG file, choose Metadata > Update DNG Previews & Metadata to save metadata changes to the file and also generate a preview based on the current raw processing settings.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 26, 2019 0