• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Tags

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had elements 2018 then computer failure. Purchased Elements 2020. Now, although I can see the key tags for individual images I cannot seem to import those tags into elements 2020. I have a NAS storage with the old catalog on it but cannot import

Smokergerard

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What you need  to do is not an 'import' of tags, it's a 'conversion' of the 2018 catalog in the new format of the PSE2019 catalog.

If you can access your old catalog in the NAS, you open the organizer on the nex computer. You go to the menu File >> Manage catalogs and click on the 'convert' button. That will read to old catalog and create a new one with the same information (tags, albums etc.) as in the original catalog. You should be able to browse to the old catalog on the NAS, or you could copy the whole catalog folder somewhere in your new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines