Highlighted

Imported Keyword Tags Problem

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Photoshop Elements 2018 on a new computer and added some new pictures to it and assigned people keywords.  When I tried to import older pictures from a previous version, new keywords were assigned which in some cases duplicated the new ones I added.  How can I merge the imported keyword tags with the new ones?  I don't want to start over with the old pictures adding tags, etc. but I also don't want the duplicate tags.  I hope someone can figure out what I'm trying to say.

Thanks.

Pat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Imported Keyword Tags Problem

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Photoshop Elements 2018 on a new computer and added some new pictures to it and assigned people keywords.  When I tried to import older pictures from a previous version, new keywords were assigned which in some cases duplicated the new ones I added.  How can I merge the imported keyword tags with the new ones?  I don't want to start over with the old pictures adding tags, etc. but I also don't want the duplicate tags.  I hope someone can figure out what I'm trying to say.

Thanks.

Pat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 15, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I understand what you are saying.  You have assigned People tags to new files in a new catalog on your new machine.  You have imported old People-tagged files to the new catalog.  These contain duplicate names of People you have tagged.  Do I have this right?

The problem you are facing is that when you import previously tagged files into a new catalog, they are tagged with Keyword tags that are different than People tags.  They will be found in the Imported Keyword Tags category in the tags panel:

Snap10_2019.08.15_22h39m30s_001_.png

If this is the case, there is a fairly easy way to eliminate the duplicate names in the tag hierarchy and put the imported files into the correct People name tag.  Here is what I would do:

1. Select the duplicate name in the Imported category to display all of the imported files for the duplicate name.
  2. Select all of the displayed files (Ctrl+A on a Windows machine)
  3. Tag the files with the People name tag.  All of the files will now have the correct People tag.
  4. Delete the duplicate name from the Imported Keyword tag hierarchy.  You will now have all the files for that person tagged with the correct People tag and will eliminate the duplicate names in the Tags panel.

You can use the same approach with other kinds of keyword tags.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2019 0
patetc LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your help. I will follow your instructions!Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2019 0