• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported keyword tags

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I upgraded to Photoshop Elements 2020, all of my keyword tags disappeared.  I spent a considerable amount of time trying to find them with no luck.  I resorted to reimporting all the photos into a new catalog (luckily, I save the metadata to the files) and now see the tage, but they're all under Imported Keyword Tags.  Can't see any way to change the category from Keywords to People, Places and Events.  I read in another post that that's not possible - WHY?  I also tried to remove some erroneous tags, but there's no longer any way to do bulk tag deletions - WHY?  Any ideas out there?  TIA

TOPICS
Feature request , Import and export , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Since your question is about Photoshop Elements, I have moved this from the Photoshop forum where you posted to PS Elements.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is highly improbable that your keyword tags disappeared.  What version of Elements did you upgrade from?  Assuming that you have not deleted your old version catalog, you will be able to convert it to Elements 2020 and all of your tags will be intact.

See this thread for some instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please let us know which version did you upgrade from and how was the catalog converted/restored?

Thanks,

Priyanshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded from 2018 to 2020 and converted the catalog the first time I opened the new app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to convert your old catalog again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was going to, but couldn't find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In order to find your old 2018 catalog look for a file named catalog.pse16db.  Note the folder in which it is located and navigate to that folder when you are in the Convert dialog.  See my earlier post for a link with detailed instructions.

BTW, do you still have Elements 2018 installed on your computer?  If not, you can double-click on the catalog.pse16db file and I believe it will automaticallly open in Elements 2020 and go through the conversion process.  (It may take a while before you see the status of the conversion appear on screen).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines