Highlighted

Importing Elements 11 photos and catalogs into Elements 2019

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased Photoshop Elements 2019 and installed it on my Desktop & Laptop.

I have several catalogs for about 25,000 tagged photos currently in Elements 11 on my old desktop.

How to I transfer these photos and catalogs into Elements 2019?

I upgraded several years ago and had quite a few problems importing from an earlier version.

I have searched a lot of Adobe help files and googled it but have not found anything that explains exactly what to do.

Thank you in advance.

Allan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Importing Elements 11 photos and catalogs into Elements 2019

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased Photoshop Elements 2019 and installed it on my Desktop & Laptop.

I have several catalogs for about 25,000 tagged photos currently in Elements 11 on my old desktop.

How to I transfer these photos and catalogs into Elements 2019?

I upgraded several years ago and had quite a few problems importing from an earlier version.

I have searched a lot of Adobe help files and googled it but have not found anything that explains exactly what to do.

Thank you in advance.

Allan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 02, 2019 0
Greg_S. LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should convert your Elements 11 Catalogs in Elements 2019.

1. Go to Catalog Manager (under the File menu);
  2. Click the Convert button (which brings up another dialog)
  3. Select one of the listed catalogs to convert.  If your catalogs are not in the default location click the Find more catalogs button which brings up a browser to find the catalog at your chosen location.  If you don't see your catalog, check the See Previously Converted Catalogs box.
  4. Click Convert.

This process can take quite a while, so be patient.

Ashampoo_Snap_2019.03.02_12h12m43s_012_.png

Added:  I just noticed that your catalogs may be on a different desktop.  If this is the case, then you should backup the Elements 11 catalogs using the old Desktop and an external or network drive and then restore them to the new Desktop and Laptop, using Elements 2019.  If you do this, the conversion to 2019 will take place automatically as part of the restore process.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 02, 2019 0