• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing HEIC into Elements 2021

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported photos into PSElements 2021 on an iMAC - but HEIC photos do not display the image. I has previously used PS Elements 2020 on a Win 10 machine - OK.

TOPICS
Import and export , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Hi Mark, 

As communicated and confirmed by you, Update Thumbnails worked for you.

Please confirm here to help other users.

Regards,

Nidhi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Can you please share more details so we can help you on this?

Which MAC OS you are using? What is the source of HEIC photos? Are they not importing in Organizer? or Thumbnails are not created? Can you please share the screenshot?

Regards,

Nidhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am using the most recent version of Catalina.

The photos were from an iphone 7 (taken in Oct/Nov 1019). I had previously worked on them on a Win 10 mchine with PS Elements 2020. The files were downloaded from OneDrive.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

Any specific error you are getting while importing? Can you please share the screenshot? Also, are you able to open these images in any other photo editor?

Would be great if you can share any image with us with which you are facing problem, may be privately through chat.

Regards,

Nidhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I was able to see the HEIC photos on my iMac photo viewer (I guess that’s because its an Apple product). I have attached a screenshot of Organizer (2021); the blank images are the HEIC photos.

I can see if I can open in another program.

Mark
[cid:90FBBEB9-7602-48A8-BE78-63655BC3D05B]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@markg40533220, you cannot attach an image to a post via email.  You must sign in to the forum to attach a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the screenshot of Organizer - HEIC photos do not display

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 2.57.49 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the inconvienince Mark. Can you please share any such file with us to help us know the exact issue. You can share in private message.

Regards,

Nidhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This the metadata from one of the photos

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 9.23.07 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4221E679-0C3C-4CAD-A7FF-E64D79F74950_1_201_a.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nidhi

i am following up my post of November where gave an example of an HEIC photo - my Adobe PE 2021 will not displqy them when I open Organizer. I haven't been able to address this open issue until now due to other priorities.

So.... the problem remians and I need a solution as I am trying to complete a project as well as open these photo types going forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the delay Mark, this picture posted here is somehow converted to JPG, can you please share the original HEIC image (you can use private message or share the cloud link)

Regards,

Nidhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am trying to send these photos – I have attached 2 examples. When I try to upload to you via the support website, it says that the files are not in a supported format – jpeg, etc. It would not upload HEIC files.

MArk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark, 

As communicated and confirmed by you, Update Thumbnails worked for you.

Please confirm here to help other users.

Regards,

Nidhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if you ever resolved thais... but the way I work around this is to export the photo as a jpeg, then open the jpeg in Photoshop. Just one extra step and it works fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for posting. As per Nidhi of Adobe, Updating Thumbnails in Organizer resolved the problem. She indicagted that the Catalog may have been corrupted, nd doing the update corrected it.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At least in Photoshop elements 2020, you can also open HEIC files with File - Open in Camera Raw -  and then can manipulate basic features lossless. Like in Lightroom. You can then save it in .dng format (so another lossless format) or open it in Photoshop Elements Editor as jpeg. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines