Highlighted

Importing HEIC into Elements 2021

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported photos into PSElements 2021 on an iMAC - but HEIC photos do not display the image. I has previously used PS Elements 2020 on a Win 10 machine - OK.

TOPICS
Import and export, Organizer, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Importing HEIC into Elements 2021

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported photos into PSElements 2021 on an iMAC - but HEIC photos do not display the image. I has previously used PS Elements 2020 on a Win 10 machine - OK.

TOPICS
Import and export, Organizer, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 10, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Can you please share more details so we can help you on this?

Which MAC OS you are using? What is the source of HEIC photos? Are they not importing in Organizer? or Thumbnails are not created? Can you please share the screenshot?

Regards,

Nidhi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am using the most recent version of Catalina.

The photos were from an iphone 7 (taken in Oct/Nov 1019). I had previously worked on them on a Win 10 mchine with PS Elements 2020. The files were downloaded from OneDrive.

Mark

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

Any specific error you are getting while importing? Can you please share the screenshot? Also, are you able to open these images in any other photo editor?

Would be great if you can share any image with us with which you are facing problem, may be privately through chat.

Regards,

Nidhi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I was able to see the HEIC photos on my iMac photo viewer (I guess that’s because its an Apple product). I have attached a screenshot of Organizer (2021); the blank images are the HEIC photos.

I can see if I can open in another program.

Mark
[cid:90FBBEB9-7602-48A8-BE78-63655BC3D05B]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@markg40533220, you cannot attach an image to a post via email.  You must sign in to the forum to attach a screenshot.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the screenshot of Organizer - HEIC photos do not display

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 2.57.49 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the inconvienince Mark. Can you please share any such file with us to help us know the exact issue. You can share in private message.

Regards,

Nidhi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This the metadata from one of the photos

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 9.23.07 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4221E679-0C3C-4CAD-A7FF-E64D79F74950_1_201_a.jpeg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 0