Highlighted

importing .jpg files

Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import .jpg files into Photoshop Elements 2019 the captions don't appear even though are included in the 010E tag in the file header.  Do I need to set some control in Photoshop 2019?  It always worked fine in Photoshop 2012.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

importing .jpg files

Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import .jpg files into Photoshop Elements 2019 the captions don't appear even though are included in the 010E tag in the file header.  Do I need to set some control in Photoshop 2019?  It always worked fine in Photoshop 2012.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 01, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a separate category or sub-category for imported keywords?

In which application were the captions created? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The captions were originally created in Microsoft Digital Image Library, which placed them under tag 9C9B (or 9B9C?), but I wrote a program that copied them to 010E. They appear when the files are imported into Photoshop Elements 2012, but not 2019.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2019 0
99jon LATEST
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I,m not sure the difference with previous PSE versions. I think I suggested writing data to files in a previous question you raised. Maybe you could upload a file for us to test.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to test an idea about the differences that may exist between PSE12 and PSE19. I think captions and keywords may be written twice in different sections of the metadata. What I don't understand is the way your metadata tags are called, such as 010E. In the file properties in the editor and organizer as well as in the ExifToolGUI softwares, captions are shown in the IPTC-DC section under keywords and Description. In ExifToolGUI, they also appear in the IPTC under Caption-Abstract and Keywords.

That's what I see with captions entered in PSE2019. Mystery?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2019 0