• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing photo attached to a gmail

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have forgotten how to import a photo attached to a gmail.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are talking about importing the photo into your Organizer catalog, I would save the photo to the computer hard drive and import (from files and folders) from that location.  If you save the photo to a Watched Folder, the image will be imported automatically into your catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the advice. I remember that that was what I had done in the past. On this occasion I met with limited success. I opened a new folder on my desktop and dragged the images to it. However, only two went across and only one of them successfully transferred to Elements. Most of the others were in the Downloads folder but only a few of them were successfully copied to Elements. Although they were jpeg images, I guess they were not in the right format. They had been sent to me on WhatsApp and I think they may have been taken on a mobile phone. Do you have any suggestions as to what I should do?
Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photos from phones sent with WhatsApp (and other apps) have a proprietary format that is not recongized by Elements and won't be imported into the Organizer.  You need to open them in a less picky program (such as the Windows Photo app) and do a Save As.  This will put the image into the correct format.  I think you can also use the Elements Editor to open the file with the File>Open as Camera Raw command.  When you then save the file, it will be recognized by the Organizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much. You have been really helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have followed your advice but the suggested solution did not ultimately work. Although I moved the images in question to Windows Photos, some would not transfer to Photoshop Elements. When I attempted to do so, I received the following message: "Could not complete your request because a Sofn, DQT, or DHT, JPEG marker is missing before a JPEG SOS marker."  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines