Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Impossible to display picture

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm working in Elements Organizer 14 on my mac, and I have a problem with some of my pictures (most of the time pictures I received via Messenger). Instead of the picture, this is what I see:Capture d’écran, le 2019-10-10 à 15.05.31.png

The picture displays fine outside of the software... It's standard jpeg files.

Does someone know how I can fix this? Thanks!

TOPICS
Mac , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out.

Could you please mention the messenger from where you downloaded these photos?

And it would be great if you could share one such photo with us so that we can investigate on the issue at our end.

Thanks

Arshla Jindal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was talking about Facebook Messenger.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known problem with certain applications like Messenger and WhatsApp.  They do not use standard formatting. The solution is to open and save them in another editor.  I think you can even do it in Windows Photos app (but there you have to do it as a Save As copy).

The image that you posted displays just fine in my Elements 14 Organizer.  Did you open and save it in another application before posting it? 

Added:  It occurs to me that because you inserted the photo into your post, the forum software saved it to a new jpg file. 

I think if you use the drag and drop feature under the post editing window, the original file will be attached.

Snap10_2019.10.15_09h58m07s_003_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it is again (this time I used the drag and drop function).

To enlarge, right-click and choose open in new tab or window. Go to the new tab and click again to zoom to full size

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, your photo still comes through as a copy of the original, not as an attachment.  Have you tried opening and saving the file in another editing software?  I know nothing about Macs so can't offer you any suggestions of what other software you can use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Works OK for me in the latest version of Elements.

Can you open the file in Image Capture and re-save it with a different file name?

FcebookJpeg.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines