• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In PSE 2020 how to make collage with more than 8 photos

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't need anything fancy. It is for a report. I just need two rows of five photos. I added 10 photos and the program only used eight. I can't find any way to increase the number. 

TOPICS
Creative , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

There are no collage templates for more than 8 photos.  You would need to create the collage yourself in the Expert mode.  Here is one way to do it.

1. Open your 10 photos in the Editor;
  2. Create a new document with the dimensions you require.
  3. Click and drag one of your photos from the photo bin into the new document.
  4. Press Ctrl+T (to free transform the layer).
  5. Use the layer handles to resize the photo and move it into your desired position. 
  6. Confirm the size and position by clicking the green check

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no collage templates for more than 8 photos.  You would need to create the collage yourself in the Expert mode.  Here is one way to do it.

1. Open your 10 photos in the Editor;
  2. Create a new document with the dimensions you require.
  3. Click and drag one of your photos from the photo bin into the new document.
  4. Press Ctrl+T (to free transform the layer).
  5. Use the layer handles to resize the photo and move it into your desired position. 
  6. Confirm the size and position by clicking the green checkmark.
  7. Wash, rinse and repeat for the other 9 images.  (Each photo will take up the entire document until you resize them.)

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.03.30_16h04m28s_002_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It occurred to me that if you are going to physically print the collage for your report, you could use the "contact sheet" option in the print dialog.  This would be easier than creating a collage.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.03.30_20h47m09s_003_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this idea as well. The contact sheet could be helpful, but it looks like the margins between the photos are too big and that would negatively affect the aesthetics. I imagine that is not easily adjusted, is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is wonderful. Thanks very much. I assume that the program will create uniform margins between the photos.  I'll find out. I look forward to giving this a try. Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

remcnulty said:

I assume that the program will create uniform margins between the photos.

No.  But you can use the Move tool (V), select all of the image layers that you want to place evenly, and in the Tool Options bin, you can distribute and align the images uniformly.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.03.31_01h11m21s_001_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. This is very helpfull.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2020-10-09_060355.jpg

Everything you need to know is in he photo.   
They key is to create a "cliping mask" for each image. 

1. load all your photos into the photo bin.
2. make a new canvas- I suggest 8.5 x 11"
3. Draw all your shapes; color does not matter, all the same color, all different colors, it simply does not matter.
NOTE: every time you add a shape it gets put onto a new layer.
4. THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART: Manually place each image ABOVE the shape you want it to appear in, in the layer stack.
5. right mouse click on an image in the layer stack on the right, select "create clipping mask", repeat that for each image.

6. resize and position each image as needed.

I've had people do this to make collages containing 35 images,  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines