Highlighted

Install PSE 12 from Link not Working

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe people,

I purchased Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 and Premier Elements 12 and until recently, everything was fine, meaning if ever I needed to download my software, I could, from my account under my history of purchases. Somehow the format of my account has changed, I've searched and searched and cannot find that menu, some random Adobe in the chat option just instructed me to go there (but remember I can't find it) and after explaining that several times, the employee gave me some links to donwload previous versions such as my software (the link is Download Photoshop Elements 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, and 7  for PSE and Download Adobe Premiere Elements 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, and 9  for Premier Elements 12).  The first thing you'll see for Windows is File 1 of 2 and File 2 of 2, which I downloaded. In File 1 of  2, I opened the folder and tried to install the setup.exe file (I even read the Read Me file, to see if I had done something wrong). I get an error "Error reading setup initialization file" and my install can't continue.  Strangely, I was successful in installing Lightroom but as I said, not PSE 12 nor Premier Elements 12.

Adobe employees, please don't ask me to do more searching in the forum, which is where the second chat person representative sent me as I've done my due dilligence: I did a quick search here in the forum, didn't find what I was looking for,  I've wasted over 2 hours in chats....I don't feel it should be me running in circles to find something I paid for.  I just need the software install to work.  Please send me whatever link or files I need.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Install PSE 12 from Link not Working

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe people,

I purchased Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 and Premier Elements 12 and until recently, everything was fine, meaning if ever I needed to download my software, I could, from my account under my history of purchases. Somehow the format of my account has changed, I've searched and searched and cannot find that menu, some random Adobe in the chat option just instructed me to go there (but remember I can't find it) and after explaining that several times, the employee gave me some links to donwload previous versions such as my software (the link is Download Photoshop Elements 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, and 7  for PSE and Download Adobe Premiere Elements 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, and 9  for Premier Elements 12).  The first thing you'll see for Windows is File 1 of 2 and File 2 of 2, which I downloaded. In File 1 of  2, I opened the folder and tried to install the setup.exe file (I even read the Read Me file, to see if I had done something wrong). I get an error "Error reading setup initialization file" and my install can't continue.  Strangely, I was successful in installing Lightroom but as I said, not PSE 12 nor Premier Elements 12.

Adobe employees, please don't ask me to do more searching in the forum, which is where the second chat person representative sent me as I've done my due dilligence: I did a quick search here in the forum, didn't find what I was looking for,  I've wasted over 2 hours in chats....I don't feel it should be me running in circles to find something I paid for.  I just need the software install to work.  Please send me whatever link or files I need.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 31, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install from an account with administrator privileges?

If so, try downloading the files again with a different browser.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 31, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your system configuration on which you are trying to install?

Thanks

Vipin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2019 0
99jon LATEST
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to put the contents of file 1 and file 2 into a single folder. Then start setup.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2019 0