Highlighted

Install PSE 2018 on second computer

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble installing PSE 2018 on second machine [macOS]. I installed PSElements 2018 from official disk to iMac in Jan 2018. Now want install onto MacBookPro. My understanding is that only one machine can be actively using PSE at one time. That's fine with me as I would only use copy on MBPro if other computer was not being used.

Inserted official disk, entered serial number at prompt [I got that the first time I installed last Jan], logged in with 'Adobe ID', then got this dialog box.

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 6.00.14 PM.png

The username was not my login user name [an email address], but rather my real name. I tried my computer admin password, and then my Adobe ID password multiple times. Neither was accepted. I changed the user name entry to my actual Adobe ID username. Still all entries were rejected.

Am I really entitled to install on more than one machine? How do I make this happen? Tried chat at Adobe help - waited 40 min with no reply, so that seems useless.

Can anyone [esp. Adobe staff] help?

Jeff

Thanks. That is what I thought [I've been using Macs and PCs for ±35 yrs.]

Just before getting your reply, I decided to restart the MBPro and re-try the installation process.

It is working as I write. Who knows why the entries did not work before, but all appears to be good at this point.

Again, thanks.

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Install PSE 2018 on second computer

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble installing PSE 2018 on second machine [macOS]. I installed PSElements 2018 from official disk to iMac in Jan 2018. Now want install onto MacBookPro. My understanding is that only one machine can be actively using PSE at one time. That's fine with me as I would only use copy on MBPro if other computer was not being used.

Inserted official disk, entered serial number at prompt [I got that the first time I installed last Jan], logged in with 'Adobe ID', then got this dialog box.

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 6.00.14 PM.png

The username was not my login user name [an email address], but rather my real name. I tried my computer admin password, and then my Adobe ID password multiple times. Neither was accepted. I changed the user name entry to my actual Adobe ID username. Still all entries were rejected.

Am I really entitled to install on more than one machine? How do I make this happen? Tried chat at Adobe help - waited 40 min with no reply, so that seems useless.

Can anyone [esp. Adobe staff] help?

Jeff

Just before getting your reply, I decided to restart the MBPro and re-try the installation process.

It is working as I write. Who knows why the entries did not work before, but all appears to be good at this point.

Again, thanks.

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 14, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That dialog is asking for your mac user name and password, the same ones you use to log-in to your mac  not any adobe ids or passwords.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff

Again, thanks.

John

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2019 0