• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation of Old Elements Version

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install an old version of Photoshop Elements (11) because my MAC computer is too old to use my latest version.  I can't get it to install as it wants, of course my UserID and Password.  I've changed my password.  Not sure what it wants as a UserID.  I may have a different e-mail, but I don't get the option to update my e-mail.  It tells me its trying to change my setup, but it needs a password.  I've changed it twice, retyped etc. and nothing works.  Any ideas on how maybe I can change my UserID in case this is the problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to go to Adobe directly to get your account re-set.

Go to the support link below.

Click on sign-in to contact us under individual. Then choose Downloading & Installing to commence chat. As you have an older product make it clear you are not looking for support but help with activation.

https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure it's not your operating system asking for a password?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What Peru Bob said.

If you see a box similar to this (yours probably says Photoshop Elements instead of Flash Player):

Image result for apple mac install password

then that's your Mac operating system (Apple - not Adobe) asking for your local admin username and password. The one you use to login to your Mac when you re-boot it. Not your Adobe ID or password.

It's the operating system protecting you by asking for admin permission to change files on your hard drive. As local administrator, you know that it's not malware so you need to approve the installation of the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines