Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation of Photoshop Elements (version 14) on macOs Catalina

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2019 Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone

I bought a new MacBook Pro. Therefore I was forced to reinstall the purchased Photoshop Elements (version 14). Unfortunately the installation on macOS Catalina did not work as expected. When I want to finish the installation, the following message appears:

"App" needs to be updated.

The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version if macOS. Contact the developer for more information.

I know that it probably has something to do with 32-bit apps. I would be grateful if someone knows how to get my Photoshop back up and running.

Does anyone know how to install version 14, which I bought only a few years ago?

TOPICS
Download and install , How to , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't suppose you'll be thrilled but here's one way around it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the link at my blog to install the free trial which is identical to the full version. You have 30 days to see if you like using it. A new Mac will really benefit from the latest software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Notwithstanding the other relies, what you did was install a new macOS that won't run any old apps. So you need to buy all new apps (or run an old system again). New, as in, updated in the last few months. This potentially happens with EVERY macOS upgrade and is likely to get worse, so be sure to budget for it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines