• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installed PSE 2019 - PSE 2018 still installed - Problem?

Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed PSE 2019 thinking it would uninstall PSE 2018.  I was wrong.  It seems like the catalog is compatible with both versions.

If I use PSE 2018, will it screw up the database?

After I uninstall PSE 2018, are there files in the Catalog folder specific to PSE 2018, or that were created during migration, that I should remove as wasted space?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Each version of Elements is totally independent and can coexist on your computer.  When you first launched 2019, you were probably given a choice to convert your existing 2018 catalog.  What happens is that a new catalog is copied for 2019 and the 2018 one will be given a new name.  (Something like My Catalog -1.)  Each catalog can only be used by the version that it was designed for.  So, currently, you are seeing the same catalog in both versions, but as soon as you make changes to one, it will no longer be in synch.  IOW, they will have different contents.

If you decide to delete 2018, you no longer need the 2018 catalog.  However, it is always good to have it as a backup.  It can be converted again to 2019 (and presumably later versions).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines