• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing and activation of photoshop elements 2020

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the direction on the website says there is a 24 alphameric activation code. Well, I have over 24. On one line of nothing but small numbers 0-9, a total of 8 numbers then I have a line of mixed number and alpha in caps that end in a comma which includes commas and a slash included in all of it.  then I have another line of Alpha that includes no numbers just alpha and has a few commas and a few slashes.

So is all of this the serial number?  do I include the commas and the slashes? 

They could have saved everyone this headache and put the whole activation code on one line if the commas are not included then include a space instead. I never have seen it done like this before.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Yes that is a REDEMPTION CODE to REDEEM a valid serial number.

Go here to see how to do that.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/redemption-code-help.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is installed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of what you have described sounds like a serial number.

Your serial number is a 24 digit numeric code (numbers only, no alpha characters), probably beginning with 1057-

See Adobe's article: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/find-serial-number.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2019 Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The serial number I believe is on the little sticker on the DVD sleeve.  It is numbers.  Below it is the activation code because it counts up to 24 characters and numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a Retail copy that includes DVD discs?

The serial number is on one of the DVD sleeves not both, usually on the Windows version sleeve. It is 6 sets of 4 numbers separated by dashs ( - ). If it follows Adobe system of serial number codes it startes with 1057. It IS all on one line.

So I don't know what you are looking at but more than likely it is not the serial number. If this is a Downloaded version then what you may have is a Redemption coded that has to be used to REDEEM a proper serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a serial number and activation code on each DVD disk sleeve.  Each is unique One disk is for Windows and the other is for Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not on the copy I have here in the USA. I have 2 DVD sleeves, one containg the Windows version DVD and the other with the Mac DVD. The serial number sticker is on the Windows sleeve and there is NO Activation code as the serial number is what is used to Activate the software.

This is for the 2020 version. If you have an older version I have no idea what Adobe did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On mine, the serial numbers are the same until the last two digits and those two digits are two numbers away from each other.  On the Activation one has WIN in the code and the other has MAC in it the code is the same up to this WIN and MAC the MAC has more code than the WIN which has 24 and 9 after the WIN compared to MACs 18 after the MAC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay I have been out of town for the Holidays.  I thought I had a serial number or the activation key.  I have no clue what I have.  On the windows sleeve, it has alpha and number mix that if you leave out the commas in the mix adds up to 24.  Adobe website says I need the serial number and its a number code but I don't see that anywhere adding up to 24.  What I did see is a couple of stickers with bar codes on them one says scan first on the box. then pulling the DVD disk out the sleave is a number and alpha that adds up to 24 if you leave the comma's out.  There is no dashes in it.  I am lost here I really wanted to get this up and running today and I am not sure if I will or not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I have on the Windows sleeve. Note that is says PS Elements RET for Retail version. I have obscured the lasr 5 sets of numbers. But if PSE is like all other serial numbered Adobe software it alwasy starts with that first set of numbers.

Where "EXACTLY" did you buy it from. What company?

2019-12-30 15_35_53-LR Classic V9 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I have a card and the card says Redemption code.  Has this anything to do with my issues? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is a REDEMPTION CODE to REDEEM a valid serial number.

Go here to see how to do that.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/redemption-code-help.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  I love elements and have used it for years but why this process has been made into something so complicated is beyond me.  Why do they simply not put the serial number on the sleeve.  I purchased a boxed set from Best Buy Canada of Elements/Premier 2020.  I assume I need to use the redemption code method (though it does not say this anywhere on the sleeve or packaging).  I seem to have numbers, periods, slashes, commas.  Tried entering just the numbers and letters (not enough). Tried including the slash (invalid number).  This is what I have on the sleeve and package.

IMG_20200303_091259209_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200303_091251605.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I guess somebody loves me because it is now installed and activated.  Thank you for your help I figured out I was accidentally forgetting a step.  I had to get the serial number with the redemption code.  They sure put you through the wringer with this stuff.  I have one last question I saved the serial number - did I do the right thing?  Or is that a one time use serial number?  I am happy as a lark because I was wanting this software for a long time.  Thank you Just Shoot Me for your time and support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Issue resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am not sure if I did was the trick or if I am just using the trial version.  It has me stumped.  I clicked on the "Organizer"  and it asked me to agree to the Eula.  Now it is showing a window that says import.  Is it still needing to be activated?  Because the organizer window opened and now wants me to import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines