• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

installing PSE2020

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased the 2020 upgrade yesterday, but did not download right away as I wanted to complete a project I was working on.  Before I could download, had a problem with computer and it is now being "worked on."  Hopefully when it returns home everything will be in tact and I will not have lost anything.  When I go to download the 2020 version, do I treat the installation as if I just purchased it?  I obviously have never done this thru the download method as I have always purchased the disc, but the price was so good I couldn't resist.  I just wasn't sure if the time lapse between purchase and installation would create any  issues.  Thanks for your assistance.

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The downloaded installer is the same for the normal version and the update one. Same program, the only change is the price you pay for having already an older Elements version. You can re-download and use the same license key.

You don't state if you had already installed Elements with the license serial key?

Absolutely no problem if that was not the case, but if the installation has been lost on the computer for technical reasons, it's possible that Adobe does not recognize (and activate) the license for what it may recognize as another computer. So, you'll be asked to re-enter your serial key which will assign the second activation you are allowed to use. You'll be fine but you'll have lost the second activation.

I am curious to know what other expert users can say about that possibility. Once again, no problem if you did not install and activate Elements before the computer has needed being 'worked on'. Otherwise, perhaps contact Customer Care to insure you keep your two activations. That's something they are used to do when a computer has been stolen or destroyed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have the disk for the old version you will still have the serial number. Sometimes you need to enter both e.g. old and new serial numbers when making a fresh install of an upgrade. But there should be no problem and there is no time limit on installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines