Highlighted

Internal Programming Error Adobe Elements 2018

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After some research I decided the best way to be able to use Adobe Elements 2018 on both my desktop and my laptop would be to move my catalogue on to an external hard drive. My OS is Windows 10. I did a backup on to an external hard drive and then restored Elements to a another external hard drive (lets call it 'L' .The whole process seemed to work well and I was able to open the catalogue in Elements from second the hard drive ('L') on both my desktop and my laptop. So far so good.

I had given the catalogue a new name and gave the hard drive 'L'  the same letter on both computers. My next procedure was to see if a file edited in the catalogue using my laptop would successfully open as edited on my desktop. I made the edit and the connected hard drive 'L' to my desktop. When I tried to access the catalogue on my desktop I got the message 'Catalogue could not be opened. An internal programming error occurred.' Several attempts and trying different ways to open the catalogue produced the same error message.

I then reconnected the hard drive back to my laptop and received  excactly the same error message as I'd been getting on my desktop.

Any help from anyone on the forum will be greatly appreciated. For what it's worth I'm in the UK.

Thanks from Walton Blue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Internal Programming Error Adobe Elements 2018

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After some research I decided the best way to be able to use Adobe Elements 2018 on both my desktop and my laptop would be to move my catalogue on to an external hard drive. My OS is Windows 10. I did a backup on to an external hard drive and then restored Elements to a another external hard drive (lets call it 'L' .The whole process seemed to work well and I was able to open the catalogue in Elements from second the hard drive ('L') on both my desktop and my laptop. So far so good.

I had given the catalogue a new name and gave the hard drive 'L'  the same letter on both computers. My next procedure was to see if a file edited in the catalogue using my laptop would successfully open as edited on my desktop. I made the edit and the connected hard drive 'L' to my desktop. When I tried to access the catalogue on my desktop I got the message 'Catalogue could not be opened. An internal programming error occurred.' Several attempts and trying different ways to open the catalogue produced the same error message.

I then reconnected the hard drive back to my laptop and received  excactly the same error message as I'd been getting on my desktop.

Any help from anyone on the forum will be greatly appreciated. For what it's worth I'm in the UK.

Thanks from Walton Blue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 08, 2019 0

Have something to add?