• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inverse Grayed out

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to crop a photo using the eclipse  ellipse tool.  I have done this a million times with no problem but now it is not working.  I place the photo and then use the marquee tool to draw my circle.  First, there are no marching ants, secondly when I go to inverse, it is grayed out so I can't do it.  I have noticed on my eclipse ellipse layer, it is saying shape (see attached screen shot).  It is not suppose to do that.  I am thinking I have something set that is not suppose to.  Please help.  I have tried everything I know.  Thank you.

[Edited by moderator for clarity]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

The screen shot reveals that you are utilizing the Ellipse tool which is found under the Custom Shape set of tools. Forget about this for your purpose. Access the Elliptical Marquee Tool which is in the same slot as the Rectangular Marquee tool. Then you can drag out the circle while holding down the shift key, invert, and delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop or Photoshop Elements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop. Got it fixed. Thank you for your offer to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Community Help to Photoshop Elements.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screen shot reveals that you are utilizing the Ellipse tool which is found under the Custom Shape set of tools. Forget about this for your purpose. Access the Elliptical Marquee Tool which is in the same slot as the Rectangular Marquee tool. Then you can drag out the circle while holding down the shift key, invert, and delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. It worked perfectly. I am self taught and haven’t used PS in awhile. I knew it was something simple. I really appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You're welcome. Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines