• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it time to update to Catalina and PSE 2020?

Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wanting to update to Catalina  and would then be happy to try PSE 2020 but am wondering if the bugs are worked out enough.  I also have Light Room CC.  I do see some old adobe stuff on my drive but not sure what is safe to delete and what goes with LR.  I also have PSE 14 right now.  I am hoping that there isn't anything that will interfere with a clean install.

I would really appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.  

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

I never rush to update Mac OS. I’m still using Mojave. For me it’s just too early as compatibility issues are still emerging. Even though I do have PSE 2020 I believe my Nik Collection  filters may stop working and I’m loathe to pay DXO for Nik Collection 2 at present. My advice is to research all the third party software installed on your system, notably anything that is 32 bit. PSE 2019 is a 64 bit app but it uses 32 bit installers and licencing apps.  So uninstalling and re-installing becomes

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never rush to update Mac OS. I’m still using Mojave. For me it’s just too early as compatibility issues are still emerging. Even though I do have PSE 2020 I believe my Nik Collection  filters may stop working and I’m loathe to pay DXO for Nik Collection 2 at present. My advice is to research all the third party software installed on your system, notably anything that is 32 bit. PSE 2019 is a 64 bit app but it uses 32 bit installers and licencing apps.  So uninstalling and re-installing becomes impossible with Catalina. These are the known issues so far, with suggested work-arounds.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/macos-catalina-compatibility.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for a quick reply.  I appreciate the suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even when it’s all working you WILL need all new apps and all new filters/ plugins. Check every one for availability. Yes, even if you have hundreds of filters and the apps were expensive.  Apple expect you to be up to date, and some developers gave up the battle. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines