• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is photoshop elements 9 compatible with windows 10?

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2015 Aug 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently running windows 7 but would like to upgrade to windows 10.  Is elements 9 compatible with windows 10?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2015 Aug 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please refer to the below forum thread.

FAQ: What OS does Photoshop Elements run on, or Will PSE run on my computer?

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Verma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2015 Dec 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This reply isn't helpful at all. The thread doesn't list PE 9 or windows 10 compatibility. I also am still uninformed as to compatability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had Windows 7 and PE9 for quite a while and recently upgraded to Windows 10. My biggest problems right now are the organizer is completely changed around and I'm unable to export anything as JPEG etc and also my printer won't print with beautiful accuracy as before. I've tried adjusting all kinds of settings and I'm at such a loss right now. Please advise of step by step instructions.

Thank you,

Joanne A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are three different issues. There are many posts like yours about people having upgraded to Windows 10 from PSE9; so no one can say that 'PSE9 is not compatible with Windows 10'. I have also been able to reinstall versions 6 and 10 without major problems. Upgrading to Windows 10 often meets problems with missing components or DLLs (with all kinds of softwares including Adobe), but they can generally be solved.

- 1 -

Joanne.Araiza wrote:

My biggest problems right now are the organizer is completely changed around

Did you also upgrade to a more recent version than PSE9? The interface has been completely changed in PSE11.

- 2 -

Joanne.Araiza wrote:

... and I'm unable to export anything as JPEG

That a totally different issue; you need to give more details about your workflow.

- 3 -

Joanne.Araiza wrote:

also my printer won't print with beautiful accuracy as before.

Nobody can help you with so little information about your problem and your printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding and forgive my lack of detail. Yes they are separate issues. I'm not sure what you mean by DLL's. I'm not the most computer programmer savy person but I learn quickly. I probably haven't used the PSE to its full potential either but have become pretty proficient at it. I've started a small business down children's sports/ family photos over the years. Since I've been layering my watermark sign on a picture I've PhotoshoppEd, it automatically saves into the elements organizer and not into my destination folder on the desktop. On the desktop it is saved as a psd type of file. before Windows 10 I was able to go into the organizer and export the file as a jpeg to my desktop, FB etc for quick and easy access . Now I can't even view the image, export, or do anything to it . It shows that the image ( a white broken rectangle) is in the middle of editing ( not so) and the whole screen is completely different to me than before where options and functions are . I would appreciate anything you could help with. I will get more details on the printer after we get somewhere with this. Thanks so much, Joanne A.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I've been layering my watermark sign on a picture I've PhotoshoppEd, it automatically saves into the elements organizer and not into my destination folder on the desktop.

The organizer does not store picture files. Its database stores links to the physical location of your files on your drive, where you put them yourself. When you 'save as' a file, you can specify the location. To avoid that extra step, you can use the preferences in the Edit menu to specify the default location. So it seems that there is nothing changed either with Elements 9 itself nor Windows: it looks like a simple change in the preferences.

On the desktop it is saved as a psd type of file. before Windows 10 I was able to go into the organizer and export the file as a jpeg to my desktop, FB etc for quick and easy access .

A layered file (with the waterwark layer) can't be saved in the jpeg format which does not support layers. You have to flatten the file or it will be saved as .psd by default. In more recent Elements versions, if you specify the jpeg format in the 'save as' dialog, flattening will be made automatically. I don't see why you can't use the export function of the organizer to specify the jpeg format, that has worked for all organizer versions.

Now I can't even view the image, export, or do anything to it . It shows that the image ( a white broken rectangle) is in the middle of editing ( not so) and the whole screen is completely different to me than before where options and functions are .

There, you are probably seeing a real changed introduced in Windows 10: it no longer provides codecs to show psd files in the Windows explorer, only generic icons. Anyway, you should see the thumbnails normally in the organizer. 'Broken' icons in the organizer can mean 'corrupt' files or very big files which can't have a thumbnail but can be opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure. You just cannot open photoshop the normal way: they have intentionally prevented that. Instead use your disc, install elements 9, then choose your photo to edit and right click on it. Choose "open with" elements 9!  Voila. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines