• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Photoshop Elements suitable for Photo Stacking of Milky Way landscapes?

Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I would like to give it a try with photo stacking of milky way landscapes in order to reduce the noise of the image. I have never used this technique before and I am looking for the right software to use.

On youtube, it looks like the full photoshop software is the most used, but I guess it is a bit over the top for just an amateur like me.

Anyone tried this before with Elements?

Thank you in advance,

Luca

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

lucam20289290  wrote

Hi all,

I would like to give it a try with photo stacking of milky way landscapes in order to reduce the noise of the image. I have never used this technique before and I am looking for the right software to use.

On youtube, it looks like the full photoshop software is the most used, but I guess it is a bit over the top for just an amateur like me.

Thank you in advance,

Luca

I don't think you can use photo stacking for that purpose without an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lucam20289290  wrote

Hi all,

Thank you in advance,

Luca

I don't think you can use photo stacking for that purpose without an external tool: Elements+.

Here is a discussion about a similar purpose. The author of the plugin, Andrei Doubrovski took part in the discussion:

http://photoshopelementsandmore.com/search/results?captcha_id=captcha_search&what_all=Photo+stacking...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to bother, I know this is old but the link you provided goes to a seach page with no results. Could you provide any more information on that discussion? Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines