• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to resize by MB instead of dimensions?

Contributor ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to upload a few of my prints to get printed on glass.  There is a 20MB limit per upload.  The images I am trying to upload are like 20.2 - 20.7MB.  Is there a way to reduce the size by MB instead of by dimensions.  Meaning, a way that I can say, I want to reduce this image from 20.5MB to 20MB?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tonymuffin  wrote

I am trying to upload a few of my prints to get printed on glass.  There is a 20MB limit per upload.  The images I am trying to upload are like 20.2 - 20.7MB.  Is there a way to reduce the size by MB instead of by dimensions.  Meaning, a way that I can say, I want to reduce this image from 20.5MB to 20MB?

Thanks

Are you saving in jpeg format? I think you are rather using psd or tiff format. Tiff format has an option to compress losslessly; that could be enough for you if the destination site can use compressed tiffs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the site requires  .jpg, .png or bitmap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tonymuffin  wrote

Unfortunately the site requires  .jpg, .png or bitmap

No, not unfortunately , jpeg is the solution.

You can set the quatity (compression level) in the 'Save As' dialog.

You can try settings from 5 to 10 and see the resulting size.

To save in much smaller sizes, the 'Save for Web' command is the most flexible tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to save in a much smaller size as I stated.  I simply want to reduce the size a bit in order to meet the 20MB requirement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

tonymuffin  wrote

I don't want to save in a much smaller size as I stated.  I simply want to reduce the size a bit in order to meet the 20MB requirement.

Yes; that is precisely for that purpose that you should use the quality option in jpeg when 'saving as';

It's a trial and error process at first to find the right quality setting, until you are satisfied with the final size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines