• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is this legit or Bogus offer to install Photoshop Elements 2020?

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently ask a question on this forum and someone replied and said I could contact Adobe support directly and gave me the email address. 

Adobe Systems Incorporated <adobe.community@yahoo.com>

I reached out to them and they said I need to update from Photoshop Elements 14 to PSE 2020. I am willing to do this and the latest email from them is as follows:

From: Adobe Systems Incorporated <adobe.community@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 12, 2020 1:26 AM
To: Clint Holland 
Subject: Re: Selected Stars don't always show up? Now using Element 14, should I upgrade?

Thank you for the information.
We have sent you an Email regarding Order Information with attached Payment Receipt kindly check and let us know.
We will be available today after 10.30 AM Eastern Standard time and then will help you with Download, Install and Activate the PSE 2020 on your computer and then will proceed for payment.

On Sunday, 12 April, 2020, 06:40:57 am IST, Clint Holland  wrote:

They sent a legit looking receipt for $79.99. with an Adobe Systems Inc office address of 29322 Network Place, Chicago, Il.

Should I do this or download directly from Adobe site? What I was looking for was help installing and they are offering that but I want to make sure it is legit.

Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a scam. Adobe would never use a Yahoo address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Yes, I checked further and found it to be a scam. Stupidly, I had already downloaded the pdf invoice they sent. Fortunately I had just created a restore point on my computer just prior to the download so I restored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can we have someone at Adobe confirm this please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no reason to... it's clearly 100% B.S.  The person that made the original post (containing the yahoo address) should be banned. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Glenn.

Should I be banned?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The person that posteds the orignal link and gave  this (Adobe Systems Incorporated <**scam email address**yahoo.com>) should be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no reason to... it's clearly 100% B.S.  The person that made the original post (containing the yahoo address) should be banned

By @Glenn 8675309

BANNED! Isn't that a little extreme for someone that was looking for help?

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The person that originally provided that yahoo address saying "this is adobe help" , not the original post in this thread, but whoever provided that link--- zero mercy when it comes to such links.   I'd put em in the doghouse for 30 days easy peasy, but would have zero issues blocking them.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines