Highlighted

issue with new photos showing

Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got some backgrounds to use with my photos. after I added my photo to the background, I saved the result. on the save box the "save in organizer" was checked.  problem is, they are not in the organizer. I do a search for the images and they are in my computer under the folder "pictures" where I want them to be but they can not be found in the organizer. will someone tell me where these photos might be hideing and how to get them to show up in the organizer, where they are supposed to be?  I am using Elements 14 with windows 10. 

TOPICS
How to, Organizer, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

issue with new photos showing

Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got some backgrounds to use with my photos. after I added my photo to the background, I saved the result. on the save box the "save in organizer" was checked.  problem is, they are not in the organizer. I do a search for the images and they are in my computer under the folder "pictures" where I want them to be but they can not be found in the organizer. will someone tell me where these photos might be hideing and how to get them to show up in the organizer, where they are supposed to be?  I am using Elements 14 with windows 10. 

TOPICS
How to, Organizer, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 03, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why you can't find them in the Organizer, but are you able to import the files using the Import from Files and Folders dialog?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried doing that but a box appears telling me they can't be imported
because they are all ready there----but I can't find them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know the names of the files?  If so, you can search your catalog using Shift+curl+K. 

How did you edit the files?  Did you add a layer from the original to the background or vice versa? Did you give the file a new name or overwrite the old one? What was the format of the saved file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I know the name of the files. I searched by going to the top right of the screen and used the search box. they come up.  Editing--- I got the backgrounds from Dreamstime.com. their website has a button to download the files. I clicked on that but the files did not download. Instead a box came up asking me how I wanted to save the file. I clicked the circle for opening in Photoshop Elements 14. I went to my program and saved the file also giving the instructions to save in the pictures folder and to show in the Elements organizer. None of the "downloaded" files show in the organizer. I had to find them by searching for each one under the new name I gave them. Next I took one of my photographs and cut and pasted it onto the new background from Dreamstime. I then saved the image as a jpeg. . It was supposed to save and show in the organizer but does not. If  I search for the new image, It will come up but does not display in the organizer. ( what does curl mean? and where is it? )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2019 0