• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with Places Tags

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running PSE 2020 on a Mac. Converted from PSE 11. I have a Place Tag called United States  with sub directories for States. All of my thousands of photos use these tags. When I add a new place for US, it adds it under a tag called United States of America with the newly added state as a sub directory. I am not able to click and drag the newly added state from United States of America to United States. How can I avoid having two Tags for United States.

Also, I am not able to add a Place Tag for Hong Kong?

Any help on these would be greatly appreciated.

Robin

TOPICS
Bug , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the Places feature relies upon a third party map service and there have been changes in the service over the past couple of versions. These have resulted in the problem you describe.  I don't think there is any easy way to fix it.  It is for this reason that I am glad I have continued to use a keyword tags structure for my "places."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem!  I don't need 50 listings for United States of America, one for each state I have listed. I agree the program could use refined in this respect. I am still using Organizer 19, but it is disappointing that it hasn't been changed in the 2020 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just started using the same version (2020) for 3 months, working my way through my pictures.  All of my pictures have been assigned locations in the "United States of America".  No problem.  All of a sudden, my last selection was assigned "United States".  There is no reason for that to happen.  Isn't there something we can do????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue.  It was not long ago when the map feature changed from google maps that I had to retag every photo since Mapbox used "United States of America" and Google used "Unoted States".  I down't want to go through the same thing again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines