• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues Returning to Organizer from Camera RAW Editor and Question About Stacks

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  I've tried working with Adobe Tech Support twice on this issue and they don't seem to know what's going on so I thought I'd check here and see if anyone else has had the same problem.  I'm on PSE 2020.  Everything's worked great for the last few months up until the last week (although I have only been using it intermittently the last couple of months).  My issue is when editing one of my CR2 files in Camera RAW Editor, after I click "Done," it takes me back to Organizer to the photo I just edited...for a second or two...before exiting there and taking me to the grid to the top of the photos in that folder/album/etc.  Before the last week, upon clicking "Done" in the Camera RAW Editor, it would take me back to the photo I just edited and it would STAY there.  This is what I want to get back to because it's incredibly frustrating to have to scroll back down through hundreds (or thousands!) of photos to find the one I was just on...especially if I have edits to do on a bunch of them.  Tech Support said potentially that it could be a corrupt file, corrupt catalog, or corrupt third party app, but couldn't provide me with any additional help - even after remotely accessing my computer on multiple occasions.  For some reason the latest driver isn't sticking with the program, but they don't seem to be able to fix that either.  I've already uploaded over 50,000 photos into the catalog and don't want to start from scratch again...especially without knowing what the actual problem is.  Has anyone else had this issue?  

My second question (which should be an easier one!)....is there a way to automate stacks for RAW and jpg files with the same filename AFTER Importing without having to do it all manually?  I didn't learn about this feature until I'd already Imported everything and it would make my life so much easier if I wasn't having to scroll through thousands of duplicates...especially since I don't generally use the jpgs outside of quick visual reference (i.e. if I have to use a program that doesn't show RAW images)?  

Thank you for any help that you can provide me with!

Cheers,

Megan

TOPICS
How to , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question 1:  This is a random problem for which I have never found an explanation.  So, no, I don't think there is anything wrong with your computer, program, or catalog.  As a possible temporary fix, you can try resetting the preferences file. Immediately after launching the program, press Alt+Shift+Ctrl. A message should pop up asking if you want to delete the Settings file. Answer OK. 

Question 2:  Unfortunately, there is no easy way to do this post-import.  I recently had the same issue when I decided to rebuild my catalog from scratch.  You can do a Find by visual similarity and create stacks from that, but that is a laborious task too and does not limit the proposed stacks to just the single jpg/raw images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Greg,

Thank you for responding back to me!  That's a bummer to hear about both, but I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one having an issue with the first one.  Hopefully, Adobe will look into correcting this!

Cheers,

Megan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines