• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with facial recognition 2020

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to 2020 I went back to continue working on some photos.  One phone has a face that pops up 'Is this so and so?'.  When I try to click on the x to say no the cursor changes to a fist (grab).  Several times the photo closed and I was back on the grid.

Another photo that I edit will not let me add a face.  Message "People Analysis is yet to be performed on the selected media.  Would you like to start the analysis now? "  It will not start.

Not sure if new photos are being analyized.  

Are there issues with 2020?

Thanks

Charles

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean when you say:
One phone has a face that pops up 'Is this so and so?'."   When I try to click on the x to say no the cursor changes to a fist (grab). Several times the photo closed and I was back on the grid.

I assume you meant to say "one photo", but I'm not clear on the rest of your workflow.  Did you convert your catalog from an earlier version?  If the "Is this [name]?" message pops up when you are hovering over the photo in the grid, it is not clear what happens after you click the X (no) but before the photo closes and you are "back at the grid". 

I am also not clear about your other question:

Another photo that I edit will not let me add a face.

You can only add a face in the Organizer, not the Editor. If you are trying to Mark Face in the full screen view of the Organizer grid and get the People Analysis is yet to be performed, it means that the face recognition analysis has not yet been completed.  Depending on the size of your catalog, it can take many days before the analysis is completed. 

How are you judging that the analysis "will not start"?  Are you saying that the status does not appear in the lower right corner of the window?

Ashampoo_Snap_2019.11.24_22h37m50s_003_.png

This is not necessarily determinative of whether face recognition is taking place.  Do you have face recognition turned on in Edit>Preferences>Media Analysis?  Does Task Manager show any activity for the Elements Organizer process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not realize that I typed "phone"

When you are in Adobe Elements Orginizer 2020 and double click to open a photo, then hover over a face several things can happen.  If the face has been reconized you will see the person's name.  Another thing that may happen is a box will pop up "Is this Tom Smith?" with a check mark and x.  If it is Tom Smith you would click on the check mark to add his name to the face.  If it is not Tom Smith, then you click on the x and type the correct person's name.  When you click on the check mark, things work as they should.  When you click on the x the cursor changes the icon to what looks like a fist and nothing happens except sometimes the photo closes.

Regarding the second issue, I finished editing a photo and am now back in orginizer.  I open that photo and try to add a face.  That's when I get the message.  I did convert from 2019 to 2020 after the upgrade (you have no choice when you run 2020.  Since the update I have not seen the message  that analyzing faces is taking place.  Only photos that had names or where asking about names before the upgrade show facial reconiztion.  Several new photos are not being reconzied with faces that I already have.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So?????? The only help I get is questions about my question?  I just purchased 2020 and I now have issues that I did not have before.  

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's exremely rare for a question to recieve zero replies from forum participants.  I don't know how yours was overlooked but take no offense.  Very very few of us, by the way, are Adobe employees but rather users of Elements just like you inclined to assist fellow users.  See if this helps you ...

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/elements-organizer/using/adding-people.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phinny,

It is NOT exremely (it's spelled extremely) rare to receive zero replies.  I went through this same crap with an issue I had with places.  Eventially I just gave up.  I'm sure this post will be deleted because I've violated the guidelines but there is a bug in 2020 that apparently no one cares about.  I have requested a refund and will never update my 2019 version becuase I have learned to deal with all of its short comings.

For what it's worth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try "eventually" next time and have a better day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to set the record straight:

Since your post got through the software censor, it is extremely unlikely that it will be removed.  I'm sure we have all seen a lot worse.

As Phinny has explained, most of us who respond to forum questions are simply (knowledgeable) users who volunteer our time to help other users.  We are all in different time zones, so an immediate response may not be forthcoming.  But, in my experience, it is extremely (did I spell that correctly?) rare for a question to receive no response at all, and most receive repsonses within 24 hours or less.

If a question is answered with another question, it generally means that the poster has given insufficient information to be able to give an authorative response.  (BTW, when I pointed out your typo, it was not meant to be a criticism, but just a way to verify that you were not talking about something else.)  And my first response to you did not just contain questions.  I provided information that may have been relevant to what you were seeing.  Speaking personally, I don't ask the questions just for fun.  And if a poster does not answer ALL of my questions, I may have to ask them again, even if the user doesn't think they are relevant. 

As for your own experience on this forum, I can only find one other question that you have posed.  It was answered within a day by an Adobe employee, and there was no further follow up from you.  If you have indeed had a different bad experience on this forum, was it during the past summer when the Adobe forums changed to a different forum platform?  Posts generated during about a two week period were entirely lost.  Warnings were posted during that period on the old forum, and reminders were given when this new forum became active.  I'm sorry if you were a victim of that issue.

Since you have asked for a refund, I won't try to further answer your question:  Are there issues with 2020?

But if you run into any problems with Elements 2019, I'll still try to answer them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greg,

It is not my intent to drag this out but there are a couple of items I would be remiss if I let drop.  I took no offence to you pointing out phone, it was a typo which made no sense.  There was more to the previous post than what you found.  Just like this one, it went on for days.  Unlike this one, I was not as polite and multiple post did not make it through the software sensors.  I recieved several emails from someone stating my post was removed because I violated community guidelines.  In fact, the post started out with what is at the bottom of your link, 'Get location name for.....' and not 'Missing Tagged Locations'.  

You responded to my initial post the same day I posted with your questions and I answered back.  It was a day later after I heard nothing that I felt history was repeating itself.  Both of my "lack of response" comments came out of frustration from the experiance I had in 2018.  Just updated to new version, had issues and could not get help to resolve.  I spent months figuring out how to get locations working.  I am not going to do that this time with faces.

I was not going to justify Phinni's comment with a response but do appreciate your comments and wanted to respond.  I will stick with 2019.  By the way,  strange that there was more active discussion on my comments then my issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines