• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

jpeg artifact

Engaged ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked on "despeckle", then reduced "noise" a little and checked the box for "remove jpeg artifact".  My image went from 20mp to 11 mp.  Will someone tell me what removing the artifact does?  I am using PSE 14 on a PC with Windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this article will help you understand what jpeg artifacts are and why removing them creates a smoothing out of the image resulting in a lower file size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JPEG uses lossy compression technique which reduces the size of multimedia files making them easily transmitted content. This implies that some original information is lost, possibly affecting the image quality. Also, each time you save your JPEG images, the quality reduces subsequently. They are the unwanted side-effects of processing an image.You can use JPEG Repair software if you want to remove any unwanted corruption or distortion in files and have better quality images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines