• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just purchased won't set up on my Windows 10

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spent a significant amount of time deciding where to purchase Photoshop Elements (No longer on sale at John Lewis - my first choice and money refunded);  then thought Adobe itself would be the best avenue to make purchase.  Having now purchased the software I am informed that the set-up can't take place on my Windows 10.  I have tried telephoning what is said to be a 24 hour service and was told to try again and the call ending abruptly each time.

Obviously, I am so so disappointed as I have started an open unversity course and need the photoshop element or equivalent and this is where I am stuck.  EXTREME DISAPPOINTMENT

Olive 

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly doesn't work for you? When you say it informed you that the installation couldn't take place what was the exact error message which you got? See, for all I know this could be caused by a simple issue of not having enough free diskspace. So in order to try and help you resolve these issues we really need to know more about them. Maybe your anti-virus got in the way?

Also: what Windows version are you using? Home, Pro or something else? Also what version (or build) do you use? You can find out by using the "winver" program: Press Win-R, then enter "winver" (without the quotes) and check the dialog. This information should give us something more to work with.

As a somewhat new Photoshop Elements user myself I can assure you that the software works quite well on Windows 10, so whatever is causing you issues has something to do with your environment and not so much with the software itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

. . .  and are you sure you actually purchased from Adobe?   While there may be many complaints about customer support, the way you describe your interaction with telephone support sounds suspicious.  As I understand it, with installation errors, Adobe will usually offer to take control of your computer remotely and fix any installation problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines