Highlighted

Keep crop sizes between different images

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I process several images that will all be in one size (say, 8" x 12").  In older versions of Elements, when I opened the first image and set the crop size and resolution, Elements would "remember" that crop size and reslutin and once I finished processing and closed that image, when I open the next image the crop size and resolution would default to where I last had it (8" x 12" in this example). 

In Elements 20, it seems to "forget" the crop size and resolutoin after I close each image I process, and I keep having to reset the crop size and resolution every time I start to work on a new image.

Is there some way to make it "remember" what I was last using, like in the older Elements versions?

Same with the Quality setting when I "Save As" in JPEG.   

TOPICS
Actions, How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Keep crop sizes between different images

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I process several images that will all be in one size (say, 8" x 12").  In older versions of Elements, when I opened the first image and set the crop size and resolution, Elements would "remember" that crop size and reslutin and once I finished processing and closed that image, when I open the next image the crop size and resolution would default to where I last had it (8" x 12" in this example). 

In Elements 20, it seems to "forget" the crop size and resolutoin after I close each image I process, and I keep having to reset the crop size and resolution every time I start to work on a new image.

Is there some way to make it "remember" what I was last using, like in the older Elements versions?

Same with the Quality setting when I "Save As" in JPEG.   

TOPICS
Actions, How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 16, 2020 0
Greg_S. LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.   In Edit>Preferences>General (Ctrl+K), try turning off Enable Crop Pre-Selection.

2.   The Save jpeg settings should be sticky.

If that doesn't work for you try resetting the preferences file. Go to Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.04.16_11h03m25s_004_.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2020 0