• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyword tags

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recetnly had a computer disaster and have worked with Apple Support for a few days to no avail. The complicating problem is that the corruption was apparently copied to my Time Machine, so that the first time I erased the HD and used the back-up, the problem recurred. Now, I am going to erase the hard drive, reinstall the OS and reinstall the apps. Luckily, I have a separate back-up for my data files, including photos.

I went to the site where the Catalogs are stored, and the most recent catalog is gone, only one from 2017 remains.

My question - are the zillions of keyword tags that I manually put on each of my 10,000 photos still attached to the photo itself, so that when I re-import the photos to Organizer, all will be well?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Import and export , Mac , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not a Mac user, but it has always been known that Time Machine and the organizer are mutually exclusive. Recently, Mac users have explained how to exclude Elements resources from the scope of Time Machine. I have no idea if old Organizer backups will be useable.

The tags you have assigned to your files are only kept in the catalog unless you voluntarily 'write metadata to files'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines