• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyword Tags

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working with Photoshop Elements 2019. Cannot figure out how to add keyword tags for all images in a folder. Looked at the on-line documentation and can't understand it. It says that I need to use the Keyword Tags panel of the organize tab. Can't find an Organize tab in the Organizer. Need to do this to use the images in a PE 2019 course (PeachPit) lesson folder that I'm taking.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you know how to assign a keyword tag to several files highlighted in the browsing space, you know how to do it to the files in a folder. 

- In the folders panel on the left side, be sure to display the folders in tree mode instead of the list mode;

- browse to the desired folder in that panel

- select all files (Ctrl A) and check that only the files of this folder are selected (the number of selected files is shown on the bottom line.

- Assign the keyword.

You won't find a direct answer to your question because the principle of the organizer is NOT to work mainly with folders, but with selections, keywords or albums. You only need to be able to select all the files in a folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to assign keyword tags to files in the browsing space. I searched Help and found an article on this, but I can't follow it. I am told to create and work with keyword tags in the Keyword Tags panel of the Organize tab. I can't find an Organize tab, so I'm stuck. Where might this be found?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are right, the help docs for 'assigning keyword tags' are a disaster. The description of the workspace does not even display the most common setup with the folders/albums panel on the left and the necessary 'keywords/Info' panel on the right.

Organiseur-1.jpg

Be sure to display the panel on the right, and choose 'tags' instead of 'Information' to toggle between them.

You can assign already created tags from the list in the keyword section on top, or you can create and assign any keyword, existing or to be created, in the 'Image tags' in the bottom section. There is an input field where you type your keyword. If it already exists, it will be recognized as soon as you have typed the first letters (very fast).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines