Highlighted

Launch of PSE 2021 Freezes at Initialization

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased PSE 2021 and installed it on a Windows 10 PC. it worked fine for a few days and then froze at initialization. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program several times and the same thing happened.  When I opened the organizer it opened fine but wouldn't let me access any of the menu items.  I have PSE 2020 on the same computer and it works fine.  I have been using PSE for many years and never had this problem before.   There must be some sort of conflict that arises after the program successfully opens. Any help would be appreciated. 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Launch of PSE 2021 Freezes at Initialization

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased PSE 2021 and installed it on a Windows 10 PC. it worked fine for a few days and then froze at initialization. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program several times and the same thing happened.  When I opened the organizer it opened fine but wouldn't let me access any of the menu items.  I have PSE 2020 on the same computer and it works fine.  I have been using PSE for many years and never had this problem before.   There must be some sort of conflict that arises after the program successfully opens. Any help would be appreciated. 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased todau and I've got the same problem

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please try the below steps to see if this fixes your problem

For Windows :

• Go to the location C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe and then rename the folder named SLCache to SLCacheOLD.
  • Then go to the location C:\ProgramData\Adobe and then rename the folder SLStore to SLStoreOLD. (Note: If you are not able to find the ProgramData folder, then probably it's hidden, to unhide it, you may try this)
  • The above steps are going to reset the preferences of the Photoshop Elements and that is the reason Photoshop Elements will ask to enter the serial number for the product again. Now go to the desktop screen and right click on the Photoshop Elements icon and then click on Run as administrator.
  • Then click on “License this software” and enter the serial number for the product again.
  • Check the program now.

Note: If you are not sure what the Serial number is, then go to http://www.adobe.com  and sign in with your Adobe Id and password. Once you are in then go to Manage Your Account. Then Click on Plans on the top, Under My products (left panel) you should be able to see the serial numbers.

You can also try troubleshooting from here

Still face any issue, would request you to connect to the Support team directly(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/support.html) and get this resolved.

Regards,

Nidhi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello together,

we're subsequently facing this issue with to of our client pcs. We followed your advise (and others, e.g. holding ctrl-alt-shift while starting pse). After that it looks fine for a while, but one or two weeks later the same problem occurs again. For our customers/users it is not resonable to delete the cache over and over again.

Using your link to the support site there is info about how getting support: It says we're able to get support by telephone or chat but nowhere I can find a link or a phone number to do so.

Can you nevertheless help us?

Kind regards, Alex

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2020 0
Peru Bob LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2020 0